This award was established in 2006 to recognize U.S. WIN members who have made significant contributions and demonstrated leadership in the three core values of U.S. WIN. These values are:
- To support an environment in nuclear energy and nuclear technologies in which both women and men are able to succeed.
- To provide a network through which the women in these fields can further their professional development.
- To provide an organized association through which the public is informed about nuclear energy and nuclear technologies.
This award was named after Patricia Bryant, who is considered one of the founders of the Women in Nuclear Global and U.S. Women in Nuclear organizations. Ms. Bryant worked in both domestic and international energy communications, with 34 years in nuclear communications. She focused on building regional, national and international networks to strengthen industry programs on technical and public affairs information and establishing and providing crisis communication leadership and direction for the industry following the events at Three Mile Island. Ms. Bryant devoted considerable personal time and effort to mentoring and coaching others.
In 2019, the PBLA transitioned to the U.S. WIN Leadership Award.
Prior winners of the award are:
- 2006 Margie Barnes, Operations Shift Manager, Duke Energy
- 2007 Michele DeWitt, Vice President, Repair, Replacement and Automation, Westinghouse Electric Company
- 2008 Roberta Kankus, Technical Manager, Exelon Generation Corporation
- 2009 Julie Ezold, Research & Development Manager, U.S. Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- 2010 Janese Neher, Consulting engineer of quality assurance, AmerenUE
- 2011 Sheila Brey, Senior Nuclear Project Manager, James A. FitzPatrick Nuclear Power Plant, Entergy NucleaR
- 2012 Lynne Goodman, Manager, Fermi 1, DTE Energy
- 2013 Vivian T. Wagnon, Emergency Response Staff Specialist, South Texas Project Nuclear Operating Company
- 2014 Margaret ‘Peggy’ Emmett, Researcher (retired), Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- 2015 Susan Landahl, Senior Vice President, Exelon Corporation
- 2016 Naomi Marshall, Project Management & Business Process Manager, Westinghouse Electric Company
- 2017 Caroline Schlaseman, Associate, MPR Associates, Inc.
- 2018 Carol Berrigan, NEI Senior Director, Supplier and Workforce Policy