U.S. WIN is working to identify and implement initiatives to increase visibility and participation for WIN Members-at-Large (MAL): any U.S. WIN member without an active chapter affiliation. MALs may be members at universities or companies that don’t yet have a WIN chapter, retirees, and workers at remote locations, to name a few. The ad hoc MAL committee, formed to lead the effort, is comprised of MAL volunteers and a MAL lead from each region:
- Jessica Walker, Jensen Hughes – Region I lead
- Leslie Douglas, NuScale – Region II lead
- Holly Hernandez, Xcel Energy – Region III lead
- Colette Clermont, Palo Verde – Region IV
Savannah Fitzwater and Gilda Bocock are current US WIN steering committee members supporting the MAL committee as members and liaisons.
There are lots of ways Members-At-Large can be involved as individuals and at the regional and national levels. Here are just a few:
- Follow U.S. WIN on social media.
– Retweet / share posts that resonate with you. Adding your own comment when you repost increases the likelihood that your family and friends will read it.
– Engage in respectful and professional interactions through the comments. Tell your story and share your experiences.
- Participate in regional and national U.S. WIN workshops and conferences.
– Attend the conferences.
– Get involved in the conference planning committees.
– Share your ideas for topics and speakers using the Conference Agenda Portal on the U.S. WIN website https://www.winus.org/…/submit-your-us-win-conference-sugg…/
- Participate in U.S. WIN Professional Development webinars.
- Join a committee and take a more active, ongoing role in the U.S. WIN organization. Standing committees at the national level include:
– Awards and Recognition
– Professional Development
- Join our MAL ad-hoc committee focused on how to better engage and support our At-Large members. (If you are interested in participating, contact Steering Committee At-Large Liaison, Gilda Bocock.)
- Join a book club hosted by the Professional Development or MAL committees.
- Participate with local chapters at events open to MALs.
Stay tuned for more opportunities to activate the untapped energy of MALs!